Joining Family in the U.K.

Mr. Thornhill has vast experience spanning several decades assisting clients in this country wishing to bring partners, children and adult dependent relatives to this country for settlement purposes.

The new rules introduced by the Home Office now require overseas partners to provide specified evidence to satisfy the relationship, financial and English language requirements of the rules.

These rules have changed over the last five years and clients instructing Mr. Thornhill can be assured that care will be taken to ensure that all the evidence needed to meet the rules will be identified and submitted with an application made by an overseas spouse or fiancé to come to this country under the five year partner route to settlement.

At Thornhills clients will be made aware of the very new changes to the Immigration Rules coming into force in August 2017 which will allow some clients incapable of succeeding under the five year route to settlement to be granted leave to remain under what will be a new ten year route to settlement.

Clients requiring advice on bringing children to this country under part 8 of the rules can be assured that at Thornhills they will be provided with all appropriate advice to include advice on potential problems areas such as “sole responsibility”. 

Since July 2012 it has been exceedingly difficult for adult dependent relatives to come to this country.

At Thornhills we will provide realistic advice as to whether or not an application to bring a parent, grandparent or adult sibling to this country could succeed under the rules or outside of the rules on Article 8 based human rights grounds.

At Thornhills we are also vastly experienced in dealing with visit visa applications. When dealing with such applications clients will be provided with clear advice on the type of documents needed to show that they are to be seen as genuine, bona fide visitors.

Talk To A Specialist Immigration Lawyer

To make an appointment you can phone us on 0161 228 3003, email us at, call in to our office or simply use the form below
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form